Celebrity Tributes For Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims
brought to you by Friends of the Filipino Typhoon Victims
Date: Thursday, November 14, 2013
Venue: Grand Taj Banquet Hall (Unit 6, 8388 – 128 St., Surrey, BC, V3W 4G2)
Tickets: $30 (includes dinner)
For tickets please call: Nellie Vandt at 604-771-5370 or Jerry “Papa Bear” Legaspi at 604-720-9882 or Marissa Perez at 778-891-1433.
Or for more information please call 604-288-7664 or email email@example.com.
Celebrity Tributes for Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims is a fundraising event being organized by Friends of the Filipino Typhoon Victims to help raise funds for the victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan which devastated central Philippines. 477,000 people were forced out of their homes and as many as 10,000 are feared dead after what may be the strongest tropical cyclone ever recorded.
The best Celebrity Tribute Artists in Vancouver will get together to help raise funds for the Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims featuring Bobby Bruce as Nearly Neil (Neil Diamond Tribute), ABRA Cadabra (ABBA Tribute), Darren Lee (Elvis Presley Impersonator) and Luisa Marshall’s Tina Turner Tribute with the Luisa Marshall Band. The benefit show will be held at the Grand Taj Banquet Hall in Surrey, B.C. on Thursday, November 14, 2013. There will be a silent auction, 50-50 draw and much more… please stay tuned. Proceeds will go to the Canadian Red Cross.
- Bobby Bruce as Nearly Neil, Neil Diamond Tribute
- ABRA Cadabra, ABBA Tribute
- Darren Lee, Elvis Presley Impersonator
- Luisa Marshall’s Tina Turner Tribute
- Simply the Best – The Luisa Marshall Show
- Surrey Philippine Independence Day Society (SPIDS)
- VIP International Entertainment
- Sukhi Bath Motors Inc.
- Multicultural Helping House Society
- Barangay North Vancouver
- MV-PACES – Metro Vancouver Philippine Arts & Culture Exposition Society
- Circulo Cagayano Association of British Columbia
- Annie Miles, Marinduque Association of BC
- Pocholo Insua, Planet Philippines
- ReyFort Media Group
- Mabuhay News
- Philippine Canadian Inquirer
- TFC Balitang Canada
- Cholo Insua, Mortgage Broker
- Beatriz Cabilin of Beatriz Boutique
- Dr. Lorene Balmaceda Lederer
- Dave Hayer
- Cabalen Sweets
- Re Leaf Water, Vancouver Water Enterprises
NOTE: We are still awaiting the confirmation of other associations, businesses and other private sectors. We will update this list.
How can you help?
We would love your support at the benefit concert, dinner & dance! We welcome items or services for our silent auction and/or cash donations.
All Proceeds from Celebrity Tributes for Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Victims benefit concert, dinner & dance will go to the Canadian Red Cross. For tickets please call Nellie Vandt at 604-771-5370 or Jerry “Papa Bear” Legaspi at 604-720-9882 or Marissa Perez at 778-891-1433. Or for more information please call 604-288-7664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations and pledges over $20 will get a receipt from the Canadian Red Cross.
There are other fundraising efforts in the Greater Vancouver Area. We encourage you to help as many legitimate fundraising events as you can.
Sponsorship available for businesses (preceding sponsorship solicited go to donations and will be receipted upon request by the Canadian Red Cross):
Platinum – $5000
Gold – $3000
Silver – $1000
Bronze – $500
- Mr. Dave S. Hayer, former Surrey-Tynehead MLA
- Re Leaf Water, Vancouver Water Enterprises
- Sue Hammell, MLA for Surrey-Green Timbers
Auction Items donated by: Can Am Importique, DG Photography, John Corvera Photography, Mayo Landicho, Santi & George, Beatriz Boutique, StyleCuts, Fabiola Zefi, ReyFortMedia, Mark Sissons, EveRiaThing, Esmie Gayo McLaren, Tota Mendez, Mike Critters, Toto Sager, Jojo Alpuerto, Phillippe, Contour Landscaping, Sandman Inn, Sandman Hotel Group & The Sutton Place Hotels… more to come.
If you have items for donation please let us know. For more information please call 604-288-7664 or email email@example.com.
Thank you to Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts for acknowledging our event on behalf of Surrey City Council.
In the Media
A big special THANK YOU to all the Media Outlets helping us promote our fundraiser:
– Dan Fumano of the Province Newspaper in their article “Local Filipino community rallies to help those hit by typhoon.” Click Here for the link.
– Global TV News on the 6:00pm news on Sunday, November 10th and the online article “Large fundraiser for Haiyan being organized in Surrey” by Justin McElroy of Global News. Click Here for the link.
– CBC News on the 6:00pm and 11:00pm news on TV Monday, November 11, 2013 and the online article “Filipino-Canadians in B.C. rally to raise aid after Typhoon Haiyan.” Click Here for the link.
– The Bill Good Show on CKNW 980 Radio on Tuesday, November 12, 2013 and the online article “Local efforts to help Typhoon victims gearing up.” Click Here for the link.
– Global TV BC1 News Live on Tuesday, November 12, 2013.
– White Rock Sun on their site promoting our event.